Inspired Life

I am still checking off a big list of places I have wanted to visit since lockdown. When I was sharing all the museums I had visited, I was finding some I never knew about. There is a website called Artshomes.org and it ends up there are 36 Homes and Studios federally funded across the United States. And, there is one right here in Ocean County. There was an excellent presentation yesterday by Jim Inzero. He is a local artist with a gallery in Point Pleasant. I didn't actually get to see the show he is featured in called "WaterWater Everywhere". It will be open until October 8th. I am looking forward to going back. It is only open on weekends, and I don't like traveling the shore when traffic is high. But, the show looks amazing and I can't wait to tour the Studio and home of John F. Peto. He was a master of trompe l'oeil (tricks the eye to look real). He died in 1907. The gardens are beautiful and the house was restored for the public's enjoyment. I had never been to Island Heights before either. And, it is truely magnificent. Hope to get down there more and look into the Ocean County Artists' Guild, also. I feel like I have just dipped my foot into how amazing this area is to the arts and heritage. There was a great magazine I also picked up. It is called Ocean County Out and About. Between the shore and Princeton area there is a LOT going on. I am so happy to finally have the time to really enjoy it. I am learning and growing and it makes me feel younger! Quote of the day: Heaven looks a lot like New Jersey.–Jon Bon Jovi Song of the Day: Who Says You Can't Go Home Jon Bon Jovi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

You Are Free