Dejeuner

I worked in Princeton for a year in 2009 at Paper Source. The thing I remember the most, is driving through the town to get parking. And, thinking this is the most European influenced town. The University itself makes you feel like a different time and place. The trees are large and old. And, most restaurants have outdoor seating. More towns are like this since Covid. But, most of the places to eat are like French Cafes. It is ALWAYS busy with strong foot traffic. I decided to eat at Chez Alice. A cute little French bakery, which also serves lunch. The decor each time I go there, gets better and better. I will share a little reel in instagram. My little trip to Princeton this week was also a little celebration of my lifestyle and triumphs. I always knew I was an emotional eater. It has been a challenge the last forty years. But, I have to say I am more in control of what I eat then ever. During Lent I even finally tried the "Magic Leek Soup" from the book: "French Women Don't Get Fat" by Mireille Guiliano. And, I now know what I can do a few times a year to lose a couple of pounds, as needed. It is so nice not to be in a weight watchers frame of mind any more. And, just enjoy my way of eating again. I think that is what helped my sleeping patterns, also. For the first time in fifty years I can eat at the same time each day. My job's schedules have changed every week. Each day being different, bringing uncertain times and places to eat. These are little things to celebrate. But, they are big at the same time. I am trying to look at aging in a positive way, but sometimes it is hard. The title of this post is french for lunch. So, I will be trying to go to you tube and learn some french words each day. My next post will be about Paper Source, and the letter writing campaign for the month of April. Quote of the Day: “French women typically think about good things to eat. American women typically worry about bad things to eat.” ― Mireille Guiliano, French Women Don't Get Fat: The Secret of Eating for Pleasure Song of the Day: Melody Gardot c'est magnafique Melody was an Art student in Philadelphia in 2003 and was hit while riding a bicycle. She has found her fame in Paris, France as a singer/songwriter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

You Are Free