Walking In Circles

One of the best things that came out of 2023 was the discovery of Labyrinths. One day I came upon one at Mad Lavender in New Jersey. And,the other was at Omega Institute in New York. I had written how it made me laugh when I got to the middle. So, now, when I am going on a day trip I look on a map of the 85 Labyrinth locations in New Jersey. Last week was the second one I visited in the Princeton area. This was the longest one. It took me a total of about fifteen minutes to walk the whole thing. It really helped as the flowers are starting to bloom. And, I love the sounds of the birds singing. Which brings me to what subject matter I want to start painting. I have an app that identifies the birds I hear. I am so surprised by not seeing these birds, and just hearing them. So, I am painting pictures of the birds I have never seen before. So, when I do see one, I will know exactly what kind of bird it is. Then, I hope to have my camera with me to photograph them. I am back to work, and yesterday when I walked to my car. There are signs all over, this estate is next to a wildlife refuge. But, the only bird I heard was a red-winged blackbird. I was working on Bonnet Island. I was able to photograph some of the garden in the back of the estate. I will post a reel of it on my instagram today. Quote of the day: With a labyrinth, you make a choice to go in - and once you've chosen, around and around you go. But you always find your way to the center. Jeff Bridges Song of the day: Flowers The Talking Heads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

You Are Free