Following a Path of Dreams

I still can't believe how seeing nature this year effects my mood so much. I started seeing mushrooms a couple of weeks ago as I walked from my car to my house. I have been making fairies (I have made 2 so far) and I decided to buy a few to take photos with. I started wishing to see some, when I was prepared with them in my car. I was so surprised when I came a across a bunch in Point Pleasant. They were so big I could see them in enough time to turn and park my car. Then two days later I went to Georgian Court University to work on my resume. And, what did I see? The biggest and hugest mushrooms I have seen so far. I debated or not whether to bring the fairies, but I did not. I know this is all about this time in my life. I am definitely taking time in all I do to focus on "stopping and smelling the roses". But, I am always astonished when I am brought to a site for a different reason, but it brings me this unexplainable joy when I see something as common as a mushroom. Somehow, I just feel like I was meant to be there at the exact time. Because like time, mushrooms are always fleeting. Because, of the conditions needed for them to grow. And, because of weekly lawn mowing and animals eating them. So, it was a good week for me overall. I am definitely on the right path. I have been really busy this week getting photographs and descriptions for listing on Ebay again. Something I swore I would NOT do ever again!!! But, I have decided to rid myself of my past......more! And, in with some new in the future. I have kept some of my blue and white dishes I use every day. I eventually will be going down to North Carolina to sell all of my dishes and anything breakable. But, I decided to give selling on ebay a try myself for a few weeks. Everything I am selling this week is blue and white. And, it makes me pretty sad listing it. But, I love this artist Nathalie Lete, who just came out with a fall line of ceramics at Anthropologie. And, I will use the money from ebay to buy some new. I needed a spoon rest, so I bought that first. And, the cutest squirrel bowl I'll use for my cereal each morning. I am so inspired my Nathalie Lete. Her instagram page is amazing. She has started to paint every inch of her house since covid. I want to do that here, but I really am chicken. But, she paints on windows, too for Anthropologie (about ten years ago). And, that is temporary, I might just stick to that. After listening to Bruce Springsteen this morning, it reminded me how I found the love of myself through God and the campus at Georgian Court University. It was the first place I would drive into and feel totally at peace. I arrived on the campus in 1988 with a list of unrealized dreams. And, I drove onto the campus yesterday with all of my dreams realized and my heart feels full of God's love for me. I am eternally grateful for the core values I learned at Georgian Court University. I was thankful for the signs (literally actual road signs) on my path as drove into campus yesterday. The core values of GCU are: Respect, Justice, Integrity, Compassion and Service. Most of all be kind to yourself! Quote of the Day: You have to treat yourself like a mushroom to some degree, in order to keep on discovering things. Christian Bale My quote I just made up: "Out with the blue and in with the new" Song of the Day: Follow That Dream Bruce Springsteen........song heard driving yesterday. Get well soon Bruce Springsteen!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

Keep The Fire Burning