Creativity

August has been wonderful as far as goal setting. Or I would say overcoming stigmas I have put upon myself. I did a lot of traveling in the last few months. I decided August was a month I was going to just sit tight at home. I have realized how many things I don't do out of fear. And, staying home for a month living alone is one of them. But, I accomplished so much! It even made me go out and get a job! And, I started selling on Ebay. One of my fears is eating too much. And, that has been a struggle. But, I stopped drinking soda in May. I think that is good, but hasn't made a difference in my weight or how I feel. But, I don't need it, which is a good thing. Creatively I had a workshop in the middle of the month. It was seven days of zoom calls at 1pm. It really helped me free myself from fears. Also, unlearning what I learned getting a degree in Art. But, ever since I tried to paint since then, I still need some kind of guidance. This workshop was very encouraging from Jessica Swift and Barbara Hershey. It was all about a quote or word prompt (I love that) and picking a song to paint to (also love). So, the day after I met my grandson, August, I sat down to paint each morning. The first week I always wanted to try my calligraphy brushes, the second week I wanted to use posco pens (acrylic paint pens, love them) and actually did the same thing (listen to music and pick out words to paint). Then the workshop I used oil pastels, which I haven't used since I was a child. It was all very freeing. And, then this week I have always wanted to paint with tea. The biggest hurdle was doing this challenge and using color. Sounds stupid. But, when I sit down to paint I have a hard time just picking out color to start with. The choices become overwhelming for me. Just like life, sometimes I don't realize how overwhelmed I am. I just power through every thing. So, this time.....this gift has been something I have needed for a long time. I think I may have gotten back to where I was two years ago. But, I wasn't alone two years ago. But, I am ajusting, pivoting, changing and then going with the flow. But, it still not easy to do just that, because my day to day is so different. But, one of the prompt was...what if? And I answered with...what if I had all the time in the world. And, that has helped me in my day to day. Something I have always wished for was more time. Quote of the day: “A season of loneliness and isolation is when the caterpillar gets its wings. Remember that next time you feel alone.” – Mandy Hale Song of the day: Butterfly by Jon Baptiste

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

Keep The Fire Burning