The Morning After

I spent the day yesterday at a SOAR symposium. The perfect day at the Sandy Hook Chapel. I was surrounded by kindred spirits in a sacred space full of a rich history. Not, only as a beautiful natural setting, but of a place where our country was ready for war. It is also where the British gathered to be brought back to England after the Revolution. A great example of something good coming out of hard times. When the store I managed April Cornell closed it's doors in Spring Lake, I was facing hard times. My thoughts were just not with myself, they were with my customers, the owners of the business, the owners of the building, the community, and basically with all of the downtowns of America. Covid took quite a one-two punch on small businesses. Little did I know for the future of that store. But, it wasn't what I expected or where all these bad thoughts were going. It became Thunder Road Books, and by December of 2021 I was attending a "Rise and Write" class there. It is there I met Jessica Varian Carroll, who is co-founder of SOAR. SOAR stands for Seize Opportunity and Rise Together. It was just what the doctor ordered for me! Jessica is also a part of Inspired Girls Publishing. I sat next to another member of Rise and Write Jill Ciccone. She just published a book with a release coming up very soon! This six hour time frame was FULL of "Inspiristas" AND LOVE. It was full of hugs, kind words, inspiration. But, most of all encouragement. The theme of the event was Self Love and all were encouraged to wear white and/or lace. This morning is like Christmas My mom used to let us go and get our stockings when we first woke up on Christmas morning That way my parents weren't awoken very early to the sounds of us yelling "SANTA was HERE!"!.!! This morning I had a swag bag to go through It is full of books, gifts of inspiation, handmade treasures and a chocolate kiss. The overall theme was threaded together like magic through story telling, music and meditation. The theme was love and spreading love. It was about making a ripple which turns into waves. Emotions were high as we all experienced the love and caring for each other in the room. It was the magic of Christmas on an ordinary day in October. Thank you Jenn & Jess for creating the most inspirational day full of love I have ever witnessed in my life. Quote of the day: "To see and be seen that is the truest nature of love." Brene Brown Song of the day: Pulled Up Talking Heads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

You Are Free