The Power of Prayer

I believe in wishing, meditating, prayer and dreaming. I believe when we do these things, and keep all of these things to ourselves. Our dreams and wishes will come true. The last two years all of these things have been done by me on a daily basis. With so much alone time, it is easy to find the time to daydream. And, so many wishes and wants have come true for me without even asking. That is the most amazing thing. It is not without hard work, though. But, this post is mostly about thinking something, and not really paying attention to when you want something to happen. Just being was my mantra for this year. And, it was amazing and is still amazing how many of these wishes have come true. I used to write a lot about this when I opened my store in Asbury Park. And, when I started to think about it, I really amaze myself! I started my blog in the Fall of 2008. In 2008 Boscov's (a department store I had worked at since it opened in 2000 in Eatontown, NJ}closed. So that is fifteen years I have been blogging. And, I am pretty consistent with it. My early belief system growing up was not to tell your wish, because if you did it would not come true. When I started blogging I realized that is not true. Because, something I could write about, someone would come in and make a wish come true for me. So, like thinking, I just did it without thinking about the outcome. These pictures I have been sharing this week are a dream come true for me this year. The top I am wearing is from April Cornell. It was called the Artist shirt. And, I bought it to wear to work. But, it is one of the tops I kept. I didn't really wear it in the three years since the store closed. So, whenever I went through my clothes I considered getting rid of it. But, most of all I wanted to wear it AND feel like an Artist. So, I was so happy to have the opportunity to wear if for these pictures. This was also the first time I had professional pictures taken and it felt good. I wasn't worried what I looked like. I had no make up and didn't touch my hair. I walked up to the farm in a torrential rain storm, and the shirt was still pretty wet for the pictures. I didn't care. I made the crown a week before at Pleasant Valley Lavender farm. (Isn't that amazing how that worked out). I felt calm among the lavender. And, most of all I felt content. I met some really amazing Artists that night. And, I still have that looming question of how do you devote your life to being an artist? Because, I still have a lot of self doubt and financial stress. My next post will be about this and my biggest weakness. Most of all, I want to leave you with what has happened in my life that I am so thankful for. Like working for April Cornell. I had admired her since the 1980's. I remember when Kaylyn was seven I was working full time and I bought her a beautiful black floral dress for Christmas. I bought her a couple more the next year. We all were invited to a destination wedding with a mother's day brunch the next day. I remember how I was sweating bullets because I finally bought a dress for myself. And, a beautiful crocheted topper! Lately, I took some time to read a book April Cornell wrote called "April Cornell at Home". And, I thought how lucky I am to fill my home with her linens I had bought while the store was in Spring Lake. And, then I read what she wrote to me, when I brought it to Vermont for her to sign. She wrote to "the lovely and beautiful Geralyn". And, I thought to myself how I finally feel like the person she wrote that to. And, that is what these beautiful photos I am sharing are all about. Wouldn't it be terrible if I left this earth and didn't appreciate who I really am? Truely this is what my year of being has taught me. I just can't believe it took sixty four years!!! Quote of the day: “Without leaps of imagination or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all is a form of planning.” – Gloria Steinem. Song of the day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVJXhIvpvq0 Power of Prayer Bruce Springsteen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

You Are Free