The Wonder of It All

My internet was going on and off for days now. I wasn't following any schedule, and I didn't really have to get anywhere on a timeline. So, most of all I didn't care. But, this really showed me how curious I really am. Because, I would have to remember to go back to answer something I was wondering about. October was about letting go of fear and let in love. And, I was in for some surprises. Did you know boredom is fear? I easily came up with 30 things (or feelings) I wanted to let go of. I painted most days and at the end of the month I had a book. I will share soon. Ebay is letting me let go of the stuff. Painting is helping me process my feelings. And, the good old computer is helping answer all the questions I still have swirling in my head. I was writing about Brielle Galleries the last blog post. And, I said I was going to write about a recommendation letter Ira had handwritten for me. I decided not to. This week I was so sick I took a covid test, thankfully it was negative. I went out one day, and the guilt of maybe spreading it weighed me down like a rock. I called out of work. And, today I am thankful I did that. I was able to list a lot on Ebay this week. And, I was successful in selling, too. And, I am really thankful I was able to update my shop. This brought some really nice reviews, feedback and followers. I also have been handwriting goals, and I saw only one last week I did not follow through with. And, that was making fairies. I glittered about twenty, but only completed five. I was going to name them fairy godmothers, but now have decided on "the butterfly wrestlers" to make them more of me. I love making them, but each one took a lot of time. I really wanted to personalize each one. They are all photographed. Today I hope to list and schedule them to be released on "All Souls Day". When I made the first two a couple of months ago they were based on my mom and a good friend who got me through the death of my brother. I was going to name it after them. And, then last week I just made a few, and enjoyed it much more. Because, the hard part of letting go is the emotional attachment to things. I was really happy with the way they turned out. It reminded me of an Artist that made "Little Soul Dolls". We had a huge inventory of these dolls the last year we were open at Brielle Galleries. They were one of my favorite things to sell there. Yesterday I wondered if they had a website. They did! I am so glad they are still in business. In the years that followed Brielle Galleries, it has been hard to see so many companies go under and lose value. This gave me a big burst of confidence to start and release my butterfly wrestlers to the world, now. The quote of the day is a page from a book I pictured on this blog post. The book of quotes I chose to sell on ebay this week, too. Song of the day: Learning to Fly Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

You Are Free