The Story of My Christopher Radko Ornaments

I realize as I go along selling things on ebay, how much things I own can tell a story. But, it is so sad to think some parts of my life are just a story, now. I worked for fours stores that closed. I am processing all this still. And, realizing how each one I had to adapt too. Some I actually had more empathy for the owners and my bosses then myself. Actually, all of them I did. And, part of being alone now is I realized how much I have lived like this. But, anyway today was really remarkable. I looked for a Christopher Radko interview to share. I thought it would help me in selling them. And, did it ever! I didn't realize he sold his company in 2005. I did realize in the quality of the product. I realized they were all hand blown glass and hand painted in Poland. I knew when they first came out and we sold them at Brielle Galleries they were very collectable. We all tried to talk ourselves into buying the first in the series of the 12 days of Christmas. I couldn't do it. My children were main priority during this time. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on anything that could break. I was Christmas shopping with a friend during this time, and we were in a Marshall's. They were selling these ornaments at half the price. And, she knew I loved them, and she did too. We both loved decorating traditionally and in Victorian style. She asked if I would ever buy one. And I answered "No way". And it is then, we decided to buy one for each other for Christmas, it would be ok. I bought stands to hang them in the shelves. Never wanting the chance of the tree falling down. So, that is why I own them. Later, I have put them on my trees and hung them in the window, when we downsized in 2011. I haven't put up a tree in my new home, yet. But, I have been collecting and making felt ornaments to put on a fake tree, eventually. I just haven't found the right tree, yet. But, the real interesting part of Christopher Radko's story was when he told the story of designing the ornaments like writing a song. And, I thought of myself as I have been making my butterfly wresters (now listed on ebay). He said it was lke songwriting and songwriters who bought his ornaments. When he mentioned Bruce Springsteen bought a whole tree of ornaments for his wife....my mouth was wide open in surprise. The last two years Brielle Galleries was in business, I helped Patty Scalfia Springsteen Christmas shop. It was very exciting, especially picking out Buccelatti silver for Pavoratti. Anyway, I helped her buy 50 Santas on a motorcycles by Christopher Radko. But, then she cancelled the order. But, anyway, they were very special Christmases. Especially, the second one when she came in and asked for me by name to help her. The next Christmas we were closed. By, that time I was working as manufacturers representative in wholesale. Which, also was an exciting job. But, most of all it brings me to the fact I have worked in retail for a very long time. And, most Christmas Eve's I have spent in a store. I am just now processing I have this time in my life now. It is wide open, how to spend my Christmas season. I have weekends off before Christmas, oh my! Quote of the day: It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time. Steve Jobs Song of the Day: Marcus Mumford Awaken My Soul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

You Are Free