Brave

Life is teaching me how brave I have to be, even in retirement. I really thought I would have more control of my life. Decision making would become easier. I am not learning the hard way. I am enjoying the process But, the hardest lesson I learned this past year is I don't have control over anything. And my motto has always been if the going gets tough, the tough gets going The problem is I am a softy, a sentimental, sensitive, multi-faceted soft human being. Who just so happens to want to be as strong and brilliant as a diamond. Luckily, I took a complete day for myself in Princeton yesterday I had one day with interaction with others, viewing an exhibition I am part of, visiting my favorite stores, eating lunch in a french tea room, going to a movie and walking a labyrinth. I am going to share pictures in my stories each day this week. Today I am going to talk about bravery. The day before this I went to Sight and Sound Theater and witnessed the Spectacular story of Daniel. A story of being brave enough to speak your truth, facing the consequences, and in the end being triumphant. Each experience in Princeton, all in different ways gave me the same message. Basically, on a path I have taken naturally, I am learning to trust myself. And, most of all speak up for myself. Speak UP is a powerful message for a person who is naturally quiet It does not come easy for me. It is easier to write about it. Because, when I talk about the hard things, I can't hide my emotions. To break it down in parts, I am going to talk about the embroidery project first. So, I would consider myself living in isolation, presently. I am alone. It has been an adjustment. Writing my blog has helped me immensely processing my thoughts. Since, I spent the last five months not working. I had not only time to think, but to feel. Something I was deeply afraid of, but instinctly knew I needed at the same time. When the embroidery project came in February it involved two zoom calls and a visit to Princeton Campus to pick up a free embroidery kit. The first zoom call ended with the words " all entries will be exhibited". What an opportunity,I immediately thought. So, to see all the entries yesterday was very exciting for me. I couldn't wait to see what the others did and share it on instagram. What happened during this project was: I felt I found my voice. As each embroidery unfolded ( I made five and have four ready to start again, when I feel like it) the time I was spending felt like I was talking to someone. Like, they were going to read it, and relate. And, maybe even call them to action, also. One of the best feelings I experienced during this time in my life. I am very thankful for these groups who have come together. The Princeton University Concerts, The Princeton Public Library and Interwoven Stories by Diane Weymar. Also, Suleika Jaouad Batiste who wrote about the project in her weekly substacks: The Isolation Journal. Quote of the day: "Say what you want to say". from the song brave. But, also said by Diane Weymar on the zoom call who started "Interwoven Stories", who I follow daily on instagram. Song of the Day: Brave Words by Sara Bareilles and Jack Antonoff

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep The Fire Burning

You Are Free