Acceptance

I made this journal over the weekend. It is a Mary Cassatt pastel from a 1989 Sotheby's Catalogue. I made a copy on sticker paper and attached it to a compostition book. I started mapping out a train trip on an Acela train. Going from Boston, Philadelphia and New York. It ended up being way beyond my means. I kept scrolling different Museums and writing down addresses etc. When I went back to facebook. A class came up for the Barnes in Philadelphia. I read it was two young woman curators for the Exhibit at Philadelphia Museum of Art. It was Tuesday Nights in June. I thought this would be perfect, and I wouldn't have the cost of travel. The class was $199. I gave it a lot of thought. And, then noticed there was a scholarship. I would just have to apply at no cost. While I was going through the news of having cancer, I also recieved an answer to an application for a fellowship. I applied at the end of March, and it would have been two weeks at an Artist Residency in the South of France. There were 113 applicants, and two women won. They featured their pictures, and I am looking forward to following them. It doesn't cost anything to apply, so I will still give it a shot, again. I also entered a writing contest through Princeton University concerts, and the winners were announced last week at the reception. I was able to hear the winner speak and read her entry. I was very thankful I did not win. I hate public speaking. As much as I was disappointed that I didn't win either of these. I am very proud I applied. Also, I consider myself the biggest winner, when I found out there was no cancer in my lymph nodes. And, all the cancer was removed for the growth. So, I decided I had nothing to lose for applying for the scholarship. And, Monday I decided I just had to see the exhibit for myself. I was so happy I did. I learned so much. And, can't wait to learn more! Because, I won the scholarship! And, I am at the ready with my composition book. And, the five favorite postcards of the exhibit. Quote of the Day: Acceptance, under someone else's terms, is worse than rejection. Mary Cassatt Song of the Day: You Can't Always Get What You Want Rolling Stones

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

You Are Free