Freebird

I loved making these tea towels this weekend. This one is from April Cornell, and already had the bird embroidered on it. This song has meant so much to me through the years. And, I have written about it before. But, I focus on a song with good memories. And, ask myself if I can get those good feelings back. And, I have not come up with a reason why I can not. And, spending hours with the thought, is really helpful. It is very meditative. I can now sit in my house with no music or tv for hours. I am amazed. It took about a year. I don't feel I have to jump in the car anymore, either. This is a really good place to be. But, I am ready to travel. Not so much to get away. But, to be awe-inspired. I absolutely love the feeling walking into a cathedral or a museum. Hearing voices speaking languages I don't understand. And, just sitting in amazement. Lately, I have been focused on Assisi. I would love to walk the same path as St. Francis. Most of all, I would love to see Giotto's paintings in person. He was a pre-renaissance painter. He was the first painter to start making his figures three dimensional. My first paper I did in Renaissance Art was on him. I can go to my hometown's church of St. Catharine's and get that feeling of awe. I love the cherubs and angels painted on the ceiling. And, that is what my class in Renaissance art gave me. I had been away from that church for about fifteen years. And, it really made me appreciate it more. I was always pretty obsessed with that church, anyway. But, it instilled a lot of fear in me at the same time. Like, a feeling I didn't deserve to be there. Those feelings are the ones I am working on. Everyone deserves to be a freebird, free of fear, and flying to new heights. Quote of the day: I only ask to be free. The butterflies are free. Charles Dickens Song of the day: Freebird Leonard Skynard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

You Are Free