You Can Win

You can win. What does this mean? It was said by John Batiste last night at the Count Basie. To me, this picture shows I can win. And, it is as easy as just being me. Last year, I bought this Monarch Butterfly patch and sewed it on the pocket of an April Cornell Artist Smock. Little did I know it would be used to hold a drain. I still can't believe I have known I have had cancer for a month, now. I get the stiches and the drain out today. And....MAYBE I will be told about the biopsies of my lymph nodes, today. But, here I am happy because I was all prepared (like a girl scout) to be able to hide my drains to go see Jon Batiste. And, hear him play the most beautiful song ever written called Butterfly. The timing, the venue ( I saw Bruce Springsteen in the same theatre when I was 17). He was genuinely happy to be sharing Mother's Day with us. He is magic. I love his style and the way he dresses. It is like he is growing so fast, his suits can't keep up with him. Best of all he is being himself. He compared it to us all being invited into his living room. I liked being in a theatre, way up high. As if, we were closer to heaven. He was taking us to heaven with the sound of his piano keys. When he sang about the butterfly, it was as if ypu could feel butterflies flying out of the grand piano. When he sang about soul, I would feel it deep inside of my soul. When he sang about freedom and ended with Blackbird it was as if there was the sound of wings of freedom. It is all very meditative and healing. When he played Don't Stop, I truely did not want to stop being in this dream world. But, the beauty of it all, was I could take it with me. I know what I will be thinking about last night at the doctor's office today. And, I have the tools and will to deal with anything, now. I am hoping I bypass the anger stage of all of this. And, I can drift and flow through another disappointment. Like riding the biggest and longest wave in the ocean. Quote of the day: “With so many ways to communicate at our disposal, we must not forget the transformative power of a live music experience and genuine human exchange.” Jon Batiste Song of the day: Drink Water Jon Batiste I just arrived home from the doctor. The surgery removed all the cancer. And it did not spread to the lymph nodes I am FREE of cancer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

You Are Free