Badlands

It's hard to feel peaceful this morning, with the attempt to hurt an elected President who served our country for four years. It's hard to quiet our questions of our society acting out. And, what this means for the future. It's important to pay attention to all that is going on around us. But, at the very same time, we have to be sure we can live the day to day normally. I wanted to post about how embroidery, quotes and music has helped me get through each day. And, today I will focus on the song Badlands by Bruce Springsteen. It was written in the late seventies . It was the most anticipated album "Darkness on the Edge of Town". And, I can truly say it was a life changer for me. I listened to it a lot, back then. It made me feel angry. It made me feel I wanted to pump my fist in the air. It wasn't until I saw it LIVE. I could sing along, fist pump and literally yell the words: "It ain't no sin to be glad you are alive". I think it has to do with feeling a certain way. I was releasing pent up feelings of anger and rage. Not for me. But, for our state of affairs in the late 70's. The worries we were carrying. The economic insecurities of the gas crisis and high interest rates. The voices of women wanting to be heard. Yes, I was only seventeen. But, when I was at the first concert in the Meadowlands, married for a few years, and owning a home in 1985. During the Born in the USA tour I was yelling those lyrics. So, loud I lost my voice. But, it was a release that felt SO good. And, I have to say taking a needle and thread. And, poking holes in a piece of beautiful material makes me feel the same way. I am not yelling or screaming to get my point across. But, spending some time with something that has helped me along the way. It is very satisfying. I want to make more, and that is the only reason I am selling them. And, to make my mark by sharing them with someone who might appreciate it. Quote of the day: “I’m very concerned that our society is much more concerned with information than wonder, in noise rather than silence. How do we encourage reflection? … Oh my, this is a noisy world.” Mister Rogers taken from Maria Shriver's Sunday Paper's email today Song of the day: Badlands by Bruce Springsteen If you would like to purchase this embroidery it is on auction on Ebay for the next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

Keep The Fire Burning