The Hill We Climb

I am finally feeling more myself again. More then anything, the feeling of hopefulness is what makes me feel normal. I believe my daily practices of writing and watercolor painting show that feeling the most. When I don't feel hopeful. Thoughts of "who cares" and "what does this matter" cloud my thoughts. It is close to four years ago, since Amanda Gorman recited her inaugural poem "The Hill We Climb". I was still married, but alone watching this speech. No one to exclaim "this is brilliant" to. She melted my heart at a time it was turning to stone. She filled me with an excitement for the future. I have a copy of the book and read it from time to time. I read it again the morning after the debate. It makes me feel powerful and full of hope. Books can do that. Another person Thich Nhat Hanh a zen buddhist gives me the feeling of hope and peace. His words are wise. Watching his brush work on you tube influenced my daily practice. It is a great feeling to use a brush to write out words. It makes me feel they are even more powerful. Most of all summer was escaping me. It was hard not to be doing what I normally enjoy during the summer. And, even though this weather is brutal. I am looking forward to enjoying it every day. We all have some kind of hill to climb. So, my hope for all is to enjoy each day to the fullest with peace of mind, free of worry. Quote of the day: The new dawn breaks as we free it. For there is always light. If only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to BE it. Amanda Gorman Song of the day: People Have the Power Patty Smith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

Keep The Fire Burning