Celebrating Elin Hilderbrand

Erin Hilderbrand's book signings are like a party. She picks a color theme. The waiting line is full of conversation. And, everyone follows the color code. It was fun looking at 300 Elin fans gathered all dressed in aqua. A couple of days before the event an email is sent with what color to wear. I loved the thoughfulness of it. And, how it helped her long time fans show their appreciation for her. The post it notes where they take your name were even aqua. When inside there was a festive scene of balloons. A huge arch framed where she would be signing. She is very gracious, and took pictures with each one of us. As, you can see from the picture, she is having fun. Lots of good cheer. She was particularly happy, because she could announce her book "The Perfect Couple" was coming to Netflix. The next day she announced it was 24 years in the making. As an aspiring writer, this is so important to see. I have been amazed in the last few years the first books of authors being on the best selling list. And, being made into movies in the same year (Lessons in Chemistry). Another part of this book signing, is I feel she knew her audience. And, her book tour took her to beach town book shops. Elin Hilderbrand is "Queen of the Beach Read". I would hear how much my friends would say after reading her books, they want to visit Nantucket. So, I felt lucky to be able to attend. Even if it was her my first read, and her last book written about Nantucket. So, this is why it is titled "The Swan Song". It was a great summer read for this year. And, I reccomend it. I have to admit Sidney Sheldon in the late 1970's was the only author I would get excited about. So, I am glad there are 23 books out there, I look forward to reading. I hope you visit my bookshop. I have figured out how to add sections. So, this week I picked some Elin Hilderbrand books. I do get 10% commission for books purchased through the link in my blog. If you purchase and the Butterfly Wrestler is not on left with my picture, sadly I don't get credit. I hope you are enjoying my new format. I will continue this until Christmas. And, next year I will be traveling with a new format.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

Keep The Fire Burning