September Brings Changes

I love looking at the school pictures on facebook from the beginning of the school year to the end. And, to see all the differences. This time of year I am trying to relax into a season of transforming into retirement. I am still working on my book. But, focusing on artwork to divide each chapter. Also, organinzing the format and outline. During this time I find it really important to start working on a marketing plan. And, putting my focus on other Authors. Listening to their stories and challenges. The picture above is Sona Charaiporta. I met her at the book signing for The Cliffs by J.Courtney Sullivan. There was a gigantic line for J. Courtney Sullivan. So, I decided to chat with Sona Charaipotra. And, the little time we spent together, I learned a lot. I wanted to say I appreciated the format the Author used bringing a friend was a great idea. Showing the importance of making connections, and supporting each other. The other was writing is a very isolating task and most writers are introverts. So, when it comes to marketing, it is expected to go to participate in speaking engagements. I thought the format of this event was great, because Sona C asked her questions. I really admired Sona Charaipotra for having her book Tiny Little Things on netflix. She is a young adult writer. The other favorite part of this event was that it took place at Rumson Country Club. A place I would never have been to, if it wasn't for the book signing. It was beautiful on the river with a vast horizon seen from the huge porch, where we had our lunch. The other reason I went was the ticket included a glass of prosecco. I LOVE having prosecco moments. I feel it is a little celebration in a glass. When it was time to get my book signed by J. Courtney Sullivan, I first asked her to circle a line from the book. It was the line that read "Most lives will be lost to time". I loved that line from where I had already read a few pages waiting for the event to start. There were certain times in my life I felt pressure to have a certain time line followed. I would call it wishing my time away. Sadly, I did this mostly when I worked each day. Wishing for my time at home. So, I thought my first year of not working would be different. It ended up being a struggle. But, that gift of time was greatly appreciated. And, it is helping me now to structure the best ways to spend my time. And, if rest is a priority, I take it. Sounds so simple, but really hard for me. Most of my time is now spent alone. And, so events like this I love, because it sets me up to enjoy my time even if I am attending alone. It makes reading a book more exciting when I have met the author. I also really appreciated the time this Author spent with each person while signing. She didn't have a photographer, and I felt awkward asking for a photo. But, she really seemed to enjoy meeting each and everyone of us. So, my conclusion is to value this time in my life. This is my time, and I love to spend it honoring other writers. This post would not be possible without Reese Witherspoon. At the same time my light of life was dimming, she shined a light on reading. I follow her website: Hello Sunshine. Ironically, Bruce Springsteen released a song Hello Sunshine at the same time. And, my first trip solo and unmarried I walked into a motel room and was greeted by a blanket shouting "hello sunshine". My mom once wrote into a card to me, I was like sunshine to her. So, I have been drawn to the books Reese Witherspoon has picked in the last few years. Her 100th book comes out in the next month. I found the event for the book The Cliffs on her website. It was her July pick. I get through all of the books I have read that she picked quickly. And, I always enjoy them. My favorite pick is still. Where the Crawdads Sing"". I loved the movie, too. And, I love the discussion I have had with friends about this book. I will do another post with all of the Reese's picks I have read. I have read about 10%! I wanted to do a reel on instagram with each one, but I have given them all away! Except for The Cliffs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

Keep The Fire Burning