Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Turning 65 with Grace

Ha Ha!!! I am really deep down angry. But, thankful. So confusing, right? But, the medicare commercials, mailings, phone calls are driving me crazy. Overall, I am accepting turning 65 as a beautiful thing. I always make sure I am celebrating my birthday in an happy place. I probably worked most of my birthdays. And, not depending on someone to make it happy for me. This started at very early age. Because, all of the birthdays in my immediate family were celebrated the week of October 9 until the 13th. Except, for my grandmother and father. So, by the time my birthday rolled around most of the celebrating was over. I do have to say my mom did have some pretty amazing birthday parties which stand out. One was an horseback riding party at Circle A (it's still there) and the other was a roller skating party. I loved in the last few weeks hearing about the Mets. They are in the headlines (sort of) for being in the National League playoffs this week with the Dodgers. This brings back the best memories of my birthday week. Because, it was the same week of the World Series. And, maybe this is why I always remain so hopeful. This election year has been the hardest to remain hopeful. It's hard to talk about, because we can't predict the future. And, we all feel the outcomes of either candidate winning is hard to imagine. And, honestly I feel the media is leading the country more then the President. They are so negative, and influential on the mood and spirit of the country. I just refuse to pay attention to it, any more. I am trusting my intuition, as always. And, voting from my gut. As usual, I would never share this with anyone. Any way, back to the MIRACLE METS!!! It would make me SO happy if they made the World Series. I loved watching the series in the 80's when they played the Phillies in the World Series. I remember going to a few games with my dad. He loved to take my brother to a LOT of games in the 70's. When my dad retired in 1977, he would go to Mets Spring Training in Florida. I looked at the dates of the 1969 Amazin' Mets World Series and all of the players names. They were household names in our house. I think my favorite Met of all time was Tug Mcgraw. I just loved how he left the pitcher's mound. Tapping his mitt against his thigh. I also loved Yogi Berra and LOVE yogisms. It was great, a coach could have his sayings, words remembered. And, then most Mets players became Yankees or Phillies, and then the disappointment set in. Being so loyal to a team, and then watching them play for someone else would make me mad. Sports do teach us lessons in humanity. And, I realize I do root for the underdog. Most of all in retirement I feel like an underdog. In my writing I feel like an underdog. In my painting I feel like an underdog. But, then there is light of hopefulness to not give up. To have some kind of miraculous outlook, when my best years are now behind me. I still want more, see more, observe more and do more! More dancing for joy, especially. I know it is happening when I look at my posts and pictures. I am living the good life. And, making plans for more. And, so I can say I am turning 65 with more grace then anger. And, most of all I want to say "Let's Go Mets"! Song of the Day: I'm Here Cynthia Erivo for the Color Purple Quote of the Day: "If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be." Yoggi Berra

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Spectacular Fiona Davis

One of my favorite book signings last year was Fiona Davis. It was held in The Spring Lake Community House. One of my favorite build...