Wednesday, October 16, 2024

The Spectacular Fiona Davis

One of my favorite book signings last year was Fiona Davis. It was held in The Spring Lake Community House. One of my favorite buildings in the whole world. I still get the feeling of awe when I walk in. And, it holds very special memories for me of my childhood. It holds the library and the place I would visit Santa each year. She filled every seat in the theatre again. And, took the time with photographs of everyone in attendance. I really loved her interview. She has lived and worked in New York City her whole life. First as a actress and then as an Author. She made a core group up of author friends who support each other. Each one of the books are not just a romance of characters, but the building in which the story takes place. I was excited to read the book The Spectacular, because it took place in Radio City Music Hall. Another building which holds many special memories for me. The book was a fast read, and I passed it on to my daughter. I was thrilled to visit the show The Spectacular with the Rockettes last Christmas. I look forward to reading The Lions of Fifth Avenue which I purchased at the New York Public Library store this year. I went to the New York Public Library for the first time before I opened my Bookshop. I started a format on my blog to help promote my bookshop. And, I lost my way. Not sure if I have been sharing the right link etc. I even thought I had written a blog post about Fiona Davis, already. But, I created a whole list on my Bookshop, and this first paragraph was taken from there. This is a learning experience at it's best!!! When I figured out how to organize the lists it was a win! This week it was announced the bookstore Thunderoad books will be trading places with Kate and Co. which is amazing. The store will now be facing the lake with more light and space. It is really nice having a bookstore to visit in my hometown. And, they have been bringing the best authors to town, like Fiona Davis. I think one of the most encouraging things I learned about Fiona Davis was she graduated from the town's high school I now live in. I am really looking forward to reading her newest book, which is available for pre-order. I am also looking forward to visiting the Metropolitan Museum of Art, where the "The Stolen Queen" takes place in January 2025. If you would like to join me, please don't hesitate to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Spectacular Fiona Davis

One of my favorite book signings last year was Fiona Davis. It was held in The Spring Lake Community House. One of my favorite build...