Lavender Daze

Lavender season has begun. There is just a little pocket of time to see lavender in full bloom each year. I have already visited Mohawk Furnace Farm, PA and Pleasant Valley Lavender in Morganville. As I was driving home from Art on the Porch in Ocean Grove I almost drove right past the new Allaire Lavender Farm. It is a road I drive frequently. But, this was a Saturday, which meant the farm was open to the public for a few hours. I was happy to get a small bouquet to take home. This picture was taken there, and you can see the blooms in the field. Sadly, on the computer you can't inhale the scent of lavender. When I saw the sign up in December, I almost drove off the road. To think we have a lavender field in this area is remarkable. They had really nice things in the store. I especially loved the alpaca shaped soaps. It is also an alpaca farm. There is a great barn to celebrate a special occasion like a shower, anniversary or birthday party. Besides the author events this week, I have been able to read more about my dad's ancestor's history. I am pretty stunned of the revelation of his family coming from France to America before 1680. And, it is the SAME region where I started to consider a writer's residency. This summer is a treat to be able to visit all the lavender fields in the area. And, then to travel to France next summer looks to be an amazing adventure. Yesterday, I also was able to sit in on Jamie Beck who made a beautiful book: "An American in Provence". She has a beautiful instagram page and I have been following her for awhile. Ocean County Library offered the link to the discussion. And, I became immersed in the thought of visiting France for a month. She visited Provence for a year, and ended up living there. She became quite well known during Covid when she started sharing a picture every day on Instagram. She was a professional commercial photographer with a studio in New York City. And, is now living in France as a Fine Art photographer. The way she described life in France, is a lot like I imagined. I am mostly looking forward to disconnecting from the computer, social media on my telephone and giving up television. I say I am looking forward to that, but really all of those things I am addicted to. So, it will be hard. The trade off will be immensely worth it, because most of all I want to know what peace feels like. I am looking forward to being alone with my thoughts and writing it all down. Quote of the Day “I fell in love with Provence and with the insane beauty of Mother Nature that surrounds us and thrives within us,” Jamie Beck Author of An American in Provence Song of the day: Lavender Girl by Caamp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

You Are Free