The Path Not Taken

I can feel my new life as a writer has taken hold. I am bursting with energy, to not just walk by a garden. But, to breathe in the sight and scent of each one. It fills my soul, and I can't wait to write about it. I am in two writing classes, now. I signed up for two book signings in Spring Lake this week. These are both really exciting, as they are launch weeks for each of the authors. I also am going to Asbury Park tonight, for "Writing Asbury Park Then and Now" at the Stephen Crane (Red Badge of Courage) house. And, to finish the evening Ian (my son) will be playing with Alix Simone (grandson of Nina Simone) at the Watermark. My calender looked pretty boring in the beginning of the week. So, happy to fill it in with inspiration of authors. The picture above is with Fiona Davis. It was pub day for her new book The Spectacular about a Rockette set in Radio City Music Hall. I will be making sure to see the Christmas show there this year. I absolutely love that building. I have vivid memories of my dad taking us there many times. Mame with Lucille Ball was the most memorable (she mentioned that movie playing and I was there in the Spring of 1974). Fiona graduated from Brick High School, which made her more relatable to me. She, also explained her journey and process. And, was very supportive and excited about the future. She has a two book deal. And, already has visited Egypt for research for her next book. Each book is set in a different building in New York City. And, this one will be set in the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I am in the planting seeds stage of my jouney. Each step in the direction of a new path. When, I write this blog it also helps me feel, I am not alone on my journey. I feel each one of you who read this, is on this journey with me. As always, thank you for your support and kind words.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

You Are Free