Finding Your Voice

Living alone a lot of my voice is here as I write a blog. Alot of what was discussed at the Workshop: The Art of New Creation was on our inner voice We had many excercises One was to find your inner child Another was to talk to youself as it was God was guiding you. We talked about the winding river of life. And how we adjust to the bends in the river. I am realizing a lot more listening to the voices of others are so important in this part of my journey. Life is not a perfect straight line. It really sucks sometimes. This is the empath in me. It distracts me from my own problems. I have been paying attention to music for a long time I feel it is my best mood booster. It is not just the words but, the rythym that can lift me up. Sometimes, I listen to music to calm me down. So, music is powerful. One story I can't get of my head is Jesse Malin. He is a musician and I have heard him as a DJ on Underground Garage. His life right now isn't a bend in a river. It is a big boulder stopping the river from flowing. He suffered a spinal stroke, and is paralized from the waste down. I heard this song he wrote, and I thought it might be about the voices he hears as the "them". He does a lot of charity work, so I am sure he has an army of people who can support him during this difficult time. My hope is he can take his own advice, and get through each day gracefully. Quote of the Day: The Voice of Grace Elizabeth Gilbert https://www.elizabethgilbert.com/the-voice-of-grace-dear-ones-heres-the-thing-about-our-heads-they-are-som/ Song of the day: Jesse Malin Don't Let Them Get You Down https://youtu.be/TW2JGi_k14w

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

You Are Free