Let’s Take Time

Every time I look out this window, I notice something different. Not, just because of the change of seasons But, because I am still growing and learning I think we are a lot like flowers. We have years we bloom, and years we are dormant. Most of the time it is for reasons out of our control. Rob Bell during the workshop with Elizabeth Gilbert brought up the subject of time. He noted sayings about time. As if they are a crime or something violent if we take our time. Sayings like: carve out some time, stealing time, or the best one is killing time. This last job I had was the most time off in a year, and it even had initials: MTO Managed time off. It took me a year to figure out I could only have one weekend off a month. And, any vacation could only include one weekend. As I get older I realize most celebrations take place on weekends. I am just too old for having permission or choosing what I can celebrate. In the picture above I found this in a book I revisited. And, it really has changed the way I am thinking. That will be the topic of my next post. I will also be washing the window screen inside and out. Not out of guilt. No, because every chore I do feels so much better, now. I am not stressing or rushing to get things done. It's all on my time, now. Also, he talked about framing our thoughts. And, that has helped me with my writing. It helps me focus, as if I am painting a thought. Song of the day: Time is on my Side The Rolling Stones Quote of the day: The day is ending. It's time for something that was beautiful to turn into something else that is beautiful. Now, Let go.” — Elizabeth Gilbert.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

You Are Free