Have No Fear

The Butterfly Wrestler is here. This morning in the first two hours of waking I have created so many scenarios in my head. It is not even funny. But, the best one is I woke up thinking it was October 1st. And, I couldn't figure out how I was going to do as many things I had planned for this day. Then when I rushed to finish something, I was making and presenting in the afternoon. I wondered how and hoped it would dry in time. I walked over to my google home nest to look at the time. I realized it was not connected to the internet still. It has been at this screen for three days, now. I just didn't want to take the time, and try to fix it. I am hating things like this lately. Like, my ceiling fan over my dining room table. I bought five new light bulbs (which cost like $30...why so expensive???) last month. And, about a week ago the light switch won't work and I can turn on the fan. But, can't turn on the lights. I need the light to paint and to photograph things I am selling on Ebay. And, I had to take dark pictures using the morning light for items I am selling to Replacements in North Carolina next week. But, this morning I took the time to look at my google nest. I really missed it because, it had beautiful art work changing every minute or so. And, it is the only clock in my house. I put my glasses on, and it had a new message. Unplug and replug. Oh thank God. I thought I had to know my internet passwords etc. to get it to work. So, then I realized it was September 30th. I also, tried to do a Substack post. And, it looks a lot like the format I write here on blogger. But, I tried and I couldn't get any of the buttons to work for the template. It is probably because my computer is more then ten years old, now. I think I may have to bite the bullet to get a new one. I don't like writing on my ipad or phone. So, obviously this waking mind is not a reflection of this lovely picture taken of me. This picture of me is the Butterfly Wrestler, herself. A kind, patient, loving and calm version of me. And, you have just read a paragraph of the real scatter brain she is. But, that is the point of my story. And, how this year has been a work in progress for the Butterfly Wrestler. Because, I am learning how to frame my thoughts and flip the script. Because, my mind does not think of myself as a kind, patient, loving person. My mind beats herself up. And, as we start the last quarter of the year tommorow. I am realizing I will always be this way. But, I am still learning, growing and changing. And, that is a REALLY good thing. I LOVE October, sometimes referring to it as ROCKtober. I am ready to rock in this new month. Especially, because in the last hour I gained a whole day! Yay, I am actually gaining time by being a scatter brain!!! And, the MOST valuable asset I have gained this year is TIME!!!! Quote of the day: Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That is why it is called the present. Eleanor Roosevelt Song of the Day: The Good Old Days by the Rivivalists

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

You Are Free