The Art of Sea Hear Now

Since, I missed the first Sea Hear Now. I knew I could hear the music if I went to Asbury Park. But, I really wanted to be in there to see all of the art. There is usually a Art Show in the Carousel Buiding on the Friday night before. I have missed it because of working every year. I really didn't know if I was going to experience the inside of Sea Hear Now until that morning. I ended up hanging out in the Carousel Building for a long time in the morning. And, I ended up going back in the afternoon meeting an Artist and his lovely partner GG, GIGI or what I named her Double G. The conversation was easy, and a complete joy. They came down from New York City and she loves the Killers. I think of music as an Art. But, honestly I think it is harder to be a musician. Like if you hit a wrong note, how must you feel up there on stage. While Art in any medium mistakes are welcomed. And, you are told sometimes making a mistake s ends up the best part of a work. The Artist from New Jersey is:Dylan Egon The name of the work on Sunset Pavillion is Boombox Saint from 2016. When I went to NYC I have seen his works on walls all over the place. So, to meet him I was fascinated. I will be sharing pictures on my stories today of us at the Carousel Building. I will also be sharing all the featured musicians who displayed thier art in the Transparent Gallery (Danny Clinch)Art Tent. This is my last post for Sea Hear Now. But, I just want to conclude what an explosion of the senses this festival is. There is talent from Surfers, Musicians and Visual Artists all converging on Asbury Park for the last weekend of summer. It is a great way to celebrate local summer. I remember before Danny Clinch arrived on the scene, and Marilyn Schlossbach (White Chapel Project) spearheaded an Endless Summer weekend. Come to think of it, Marilyn's Event space in Long Branch is just as much an explosion of the senses. And, she has the food part of a sensory overload. I had the fairy tale fritters which were excellent. The fairy tale part of it for me, was feeling good about eating vegetables. Quote of the Day: To improve the golden moment of opportunity, and catch the good that is within our reach, is the great art of life. William Samuel Johnson. Song of the Day: Weezer. Buddy Holly I was not there. But, I saw a video shared. I love the roller skating video behind them. I find myself singing this song to myself all weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

You Are Free