Don't Stop

October just flew by, and now we are in the middle of November. There are still about fifty days to achieve any goals for the year 2023. I set my sights low with the only goal to just BE for the year 2023. I did this on purpose to go easy, and just go with flow. But, sometimes I surprise myself with what is not easy for me. It is not easy for me to reach out to friends. The dialogue in my head is rediculous. October I spent every day painting a leaf with a word to let go of and the next page a word to let in. For example one page was fear and the facing page was love. I noticed I love to splatter paint some days at the end. And, those were days I felt frustrated with myself. I think those splashes were what I can't control. And, I loved to see how they reacted to the wet paint. I really do love to watch life unfold, and sometimes see what good can come from being vulnerable. It is the Artist part of me, that is the hardest to grow. I can plant the seeds, by practicing something creative. But, with my eyes, I still see the third grade girl scout me, come out on paper. But, this is all good. I want to have the time to really see. I am so glad I reached out to Cathleen Malpass. She is the widow of Michael Malpass who passed away in 1991, and was my sculpture teacher at Georgian Court University. The picture above is the studio in Brick. It has taken me many years of thinking about visiting there. And, I finally did it. I know I have mentioned Michael Malpass before. But, I feel he was the only teacher who really encouraged me to enter the art world. And, this is where the confusion and fear comes in for me. I don't know how or what to do. First and foremost I enjoy writing and sharing. Then I am loving watercolor painting. But, I have to unlearn so much from when I was an art student. I loved when one teacher said NOT to ever use an eraser. There are NO mistakes. WOW, that was freeing. But, then the same teacher said.....don't outline in black, don't use words in your art, don't paint from photographs, etc.. So, I have been doing a lot of unlearning and it is very freeing. Now I am getting a little anxious and questioning the affordablility of an Artist Residencey in France next year. But, I am determined and know deep down this is the time of my life to release any fears and live with no regrets. Quote of the Day: “Vulnerability is the birthplace of love, belonging, joy, courage, empathy, and creativity. It is the source of hope empathy, accountability, and authenticity.” Brene Brown Song of the day: Don't Stop Jon Batiste

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

You Are Free