2023 The Year to Be

Luckily, I am writing a whole book about the year 2023 and what it meant to me. I learned so much. I am glad I am writing a book and can share. When doing a post about the year gone by and looking forward to the year 2024. It is hard to put it in one paragraph. But, I think I learned a very good lesson I would like to share. The person I followed the most this year on instagram died in early 2022. His name is Thich Nhat Hanh. Someday I hope to learn his name and be able to pronounce it. But, one line really got me. "A cloud never dies". I think if I read any of his writing five years ago. I would not have paid much attention to it. I started watching his calligraphy videos in the beginning of the year. That is why I write some words and do a painting next to it. It is my form of my meditation. But, negative thinking is really hard to break. I am certainally not there yet. But, I do always try to look for the silver lining. And, that was sort of easy. Because, there are so many good things that came into this year. Without me asking is the amazing part. It was just about being present. Sometimes, I took action. But, most of the time I would just wait to see if things would work out. October around my birthday it all came to a head. In one day ( I really think it was my birthday) some pretty negative things came in the mail. It was a month I was really starting to feel confident in moving forward. And, just like that I was back to "two steps up and one step back". But, yet the best thing happened to me for my birthday. And, that was a cake with my name on it (along with a good friend who's birthday is the same as my moms's). And, we were sung to by a very musically talented family! We blew out the candles and I didn't really wish for anything. Which is kind of funny. I am so big on wishes. But, really I just want to get by and not feel like daily life is such a struggle. And, slowly I am feeling more grounded and steady on my feet. Seriously, when all this first happened I couldn't even go down stairs without being terrified I was going to fall. I have never thought so negatively in my life, and it was hard to break. I just needed time to heal, and feel more confident in my future. And, the bottom line is to just be present in the moment. For, all the changes that came with Covid and after, I finally can feel better. My mind isn't racing. And, the best is, I can sleep eight hours straight again. Going into the next year I always have made wishes, set intentions, and picked a word. I will do that again. But, it is more spiritual then ever. I realize, what I pay attention to is, the most important thing I can do in my life. So, it will be about that and will be in my first post for 2024. In the meantime I will pick a song and quote that sums up how I feel right now. Quote of the day: “Be Yourself. Life is precious as it is. All the elements for your happiness are already here. There is no need to run, strive, search, or struggle. Just Be.” Thich Nhat Hanh Song of the day: You'll Never Walk Alone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

You Are Free