Let the Light Shine In

I love being home. Don't get me wrong. But, it is full days of inspiration that light me up. Set my soul on fire. Fill me up with desire for the future. I had a great local day of classes and a work party which left me smiling. But, yesterday stirred everything up in me to feel the joy of the season. It has been building up since I saw Ian and his friends perform the Charlie Brown Christmas Show. I don't want to pay too much attention to days gone by. When I am home it makes me feel pretty blue. So I, like Julie Andrews, think of my favorite things. And, then act on them. I don't think I have been in the City at holiday time for more then twenty years. I have wonderful memories of my dad taking us to Radio City Music Hall for the Christmas and Easter shows. Yesterday, I took a bus from Target in Brick, through Garden State Getaways. It was very convenient and most of all relaxing. Love when someone else is in the driver seat. I tried to read on the way there and back. But, my eyes are really tired. I have done a lot of reading, writing and straining my eyes. So, it felt good to just look out the window and watch the world go by. I always love leaving the city at night. Even if it took a half an hour to go one block! Love to see all the lights, people and pizza restaurants. And, most of all watch how the city gets smaller and smaller as the road winds farther away. I know when it is a good day, and all I can think of is going back. I really loved Saks and Dior's Collaboration and didn't really have the time to see the actual light show. I loved all the french influences at Saks and the Macarons at Anthropologie. Can't wait to so some paintings of the charms on the outside of the Saks Sphere. They included the sun, moon, butterfly, flowers and stars. Out of all the feelings the city gives me, it is the feeling of optimism. I hope I can carry this feeling until Christmas! If not, I guess I will have to go back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

You Are Free