Welcome 2024

I awoke yesterday with the thought of "what am I going to do today?". I was glad New Year's Eve was a Sunday. I knew my email inbox would be full of inspirations from my top five authors. I have subscribed to them on Substacks. It does become overwhelming at times. But, yesterday there was a standout post. It was from Beth Kempton. I have been following her since I had my store. She featured me once when her website compiled those who "Do What You Love". My story is out there in the cyber cloud somewhere. Currently, she is hosting a Winter Sanctuary of Writing. It started December 28th and runs until January 6th. The perfect time for letting in some light. She reads two poems, talks in a 10 minute video (I love her british accent) and then writes an essay with prompts. She's very easy going with no pressure. She read a poem "The Masterpiece" by Nikita Gill. I follow Nikita's instagram which is poems. And, she definitely resonates with me. This book that this poem is in was written during covid. It is about the 5 stages of grief and then the 5 stages of hope. I get a little discouraged when I read her writing. Because, my thoughts are along the same lines. And, I find that very intimidating. Her words flow with beauty, and sometimes sting like a bee. But, this poem I read in the morning, ended up being the day I lived yesterday. I had no idea I would be at an irish bar celebrating the end of 2023. But, it was like the poem I read in the morning. I wish I could read it somewhere. I searched all morning, but only came up with the quote I will share. But, it had to do with singing and dancing through life kinda thing. I came up with a lot of mottos last year to make my decision making a little easier. It is: If it makes you feel alive, take the dive. And, I am so glad I have made new friends, so I am not experiencing these life affirming fun times by myself. I feel like Ferris Bueler in his 60's. But, not just for one day.....I have lots of days to make the most of life, now. And, I love the thought of celebrating every day. Quote of the day: “We must remember that an ending is the start of another beautiful something, that there is always light to be had at the end of everything.” ― Nikita Gill, Where Hope Comes From: Poems of Resilience, Healing, and Light Song of the Day: "Can You Feel It?" Jackson 5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

You Are Free