Free Spirit Rising

This watercolor painting was done in the Spring of 2021 after months of spending a lot of time at home. I didn't like it at the time. Now, I love it. I am looking forward to my daily painting again. It is simple, easy, enjoyable and very freeing. I am happy with 4 journals I completed in 2023. They ended up representing the seasons and what I was paying attention to. In the beginning it was a way to calm down my racing thoughts. If I was able to have access to a free meditation, I followed it with the painting. I usually always listen to my favorite music at the same time. Sometimes using the words from the songs as inspiration. But, most of all I am having fun with it. This year I look forward to seeing what it brings for me. I would also love to start writing my own short quotes to combine with it. And, share it on social media with a more cohesive look. I have quite the library of things to read and meditations each morning to get me through January. I love the quiet of January and all the hope it brings me. My biggest goal is to be the free spirit my mom wanted me to be. And, to be a free spirit I feel I have to work at it. Each step I take of courage takes away my feelings of fear, doubt and guilt. I still feel I take one step up and two steps back. But, this holiday season I was very doubtful it could be joyful for me. I proved myself wrong. It was probably the best feeling Christimas I have ever had. There was no pressure of what to do. Giving is where I have found the most joy. But, this Christmas it was mostly enjoying what others created. And, the only time I really felt stressed was picking out gifts for others. I hope to make more gifts for the future, rather then buying them. And, I really feel giving people your time and full attention is a gift these days. I truly appreciate all my friends and family for the love they showed me this holiday season. Quote of the day: "To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable." - Helen Keller Song of the day: Gypsy Stevie Nicks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

You Are Free