Protecting Moments

<
a href="https://wonderenstroopwafels.com">I was glad yesterday to spend an hour in a huge tulip field about an half an hour drive my house. I felt like I was in Europe. It has changed so much, since the last time I was there. I wanted the excercise, but it was a bit overwhelming. Probably, as it was more then 85 degrees and not a cloud in sight. And, then the thought of not remembering a shade hat or sunscreen. I was surprised to see the cutest little pink shed with freshly baked stroopwafels for sale. I loved the way it was decorated with a chandlier and hot air balloons. They had about a dozen decorated stroopwafels with different toppings. I had a chocolate mint one. It was delicious. When I walked the legnth of the field I noticed the building of the windmill in process. I was really happy to see a sign on the way out. There will be a Winter Wonderland this holiday season of 2024. And, it showed a picture with Christmas lights on a windmill. So, I think it will be completed by then. At one point I heard a little girl (not even school age) exclaim: "Daddy we have to take a picture with all of us!" He let out a big sigh (it really was hot). She replied with: "We have to protect this moment". I had to look up and see and hear the conversation. But, there wasn't one. They all got into a position for a selfie. Have you ever heard this expression before? I had not. I LOVE it! I always admired young people as prescious. But, to admire time as something that is prescious and we have to protect it is priceless. I really am starting to look at each day as this. I have to make the most of it, but I also have to protect it. I can't just let it go without feeling like I am making the most of it. The only different way I am looking at it, is rest is just as important as anything. I am putting a value on rest, and not feeling as if it is being lazy. I rested a lot the last few months. And, it really felt good to get outside and enjoy the day. And, to protect the moments. Quote of the day: "An inch of time is an inch of gold, but you can’t buy that inch of time with an inch of gold.” — Chinese Proverb Song of the day: "My Days" written by Ingrid Michaelson sung by Joy Woods in The Notebook now on Broadway

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

You Are Free