Flower Power

So happy I have great influences in my life story. And, I have been going through some big changes. I still want to write my story. But, I am changing my approach. This morning I wanted to write about a flower I have never grown before it is called a Columbine. I took a blossom to press when I first planted it. I felt really bad about cutting off this bloom. But, then on Good Friday I walked out the door to see all of its blossoms gone. A deer must have eaten it. I then opened the flower press about a week later. I was so thankful it pressed really well. I used it to decopauge a fan I will be selling. I love making these fans from dried pressed flowers from my garden. This morning I wanted to write more about my experience with my columbine flower. I didn't remember that it is a perennial. And, now I have hopes it will come back next year. But, it came back. And, I quickly took another one to press. Then there are still a couple about to bloom. When one opened up I kept looking at it. I absolutely love the colors and the formation of the petals. The month of May is Mental Awareness month. And, in this last year of my journey to joy. I am paying close attention to my moods, meloncoly, and mindfulness. I feel strongly about the stories we tell ourselves. And, it is very important how we think of ourselves. I am seeing a pattern of not valuing myself unless I am working. But, at the very same time, I do NOT want to work for the rest of my life. So, in my writing I am not writing about myself any more. I am paying more attention to nature. And, the life cycles of the seasons. And, giving myself a brake. Just paying attention to the cycles of the seasons. And, knowing we as human beings have different cycles as well. This is what I wrote this morning: Spring is a time where the dirt brings the resilience of a flower Man brings the resilience of a castle with it’s tower. A flower is vulnerable to the mouth of a deer. At full bloom it stands tall facing the brightness of the sun Putting up with the beating of raindrops on a cloudy day Wilting and withering and seeming to die But, without some days of this it would surely die The flower needs the water to stay for a while Just like that on a sunny day It’s given another day to stay It opens itself to what this beautiful life can bring There’s a bird who comes to look at it’s beauty And, the butterflies and bees appreciate it’s aroma The truly lucky flower is the one which is plucked To be brought into a home It feels trapped at first But, realizes it is there for its beauty. And, can stay alive for days It’s part of a group of diverse flowers called a bouquet Until all its petals fall and wither away There are no flowers which stay forever Give thanks for there presence Feel blessed for their arrival Hope they will stay for many days And, most of all love them with all of your heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

You Are Free