Be Ok

So glad to say I finally feel better, than just OK. I finally have a full day planned for today. I am also visiting the Stone Pony this week. And, it is reminding me of the time I saw Ingrid Michaelson at the Stone Pony. It was a rainy and windy night. And, she brought her light, energy and sweet words to us. It was a great performance and a sing along. At the time she was taking off. Her songs were featured on the very popular Grey's Anatomy. I love to think of that time in her career. Then seeing her on a Tropicana orange juice commercial. And, now she produced the music for the play The Notebook. Now playing on Broadway. My favorite song is My Days. It has become my anthem. Because, it helped me celebrate being alone at home doing absolutely nothing. I am to a point I am celebrating each day. It is a wonderful feeling to be able to wake up and approach each day this way. I think what the last few years taught me was a lot I already knew. I just couldn't get there with the stress I was causing myself. I just wanted to feel like myself again. And, it has been the biggest struggle of my life. But, I finally can say I feel peaceful and ok. Probably about the same time I saw Ingrid at the Stone Pony was the same time I started meditation. Back then, I would listen to my daughter getting ready for school in the morning. I was introduced to Ingrid, Adele, and Taylor that way. But, most of all I loved hearing her singing along. After she left the nest, I started to meditate. And, then I would post on my blog. Looking for the perfect song to go with my mood. So, with all this time on my hands. I would think of the things that made me most happy. I am in the middle of Deepok Chopra and Oprah's Flow Meditation. And, it has sounds of birds and a babbling brook in the backround. And, it fills me with joy and makes me feel powerful. So thankful, I found something that makes feel this way. The tea towel I embroidered the words of the song, was also from about fifteen years ago. I bought it the first time I was in an Anthropologie store. The birds are singing with music notes. I love this song is what I chose to be on this towel. Quote of the day: "Turn your wounds into wisdom" Oprah Winfrey Song of the day: BE OK by Ingrid Michaelson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

You Are Free