New Horizons

This weekend I get to work at each one of the different estates we cater to. Last night I was at Mallard Estate in LBI. I loved the hydrangeas and daisies. The gate in the back I have always thought would be the perfect moon rise photo. But, getting back into the groove of working on my feet, was exhausting! Today I go to Ashford, which is in the country outside of Jackson. I am going to Frenchtown in the morning, first. I am visiting Art Yard. Ian played in one of their Hatch celebrations in 2022. I was disappointed I didn't know about it before. It is a live Art parade usually with handmade costumes representing birds hatched from a giant sculpture egg. Today is the opening of Suleika Jaouad's of her Giant watercolor paintings. Her mother is also exhibited the work she did when she was pregnant with Suleika. I found about this through The Isolation Journals. Her two events this weekend sold out within minutes. It is just as well, I ended up scheduled both days to work. I did make her a Frida Kahlo journal. I am also giving her an emproidery of the song Butterfly. Her husband Jon Batiste was up for an grammy as best song this year with this song. I am going to leave it with someone with hopes she gets it. I feel so lucky this exhibit is relatively close by. The last six months has been a pleasure following along on her journey. I hope to be able to take some pictures to share from the exhibit. Quote of the day: To say that I'm healed, uh, would be to imply that there's an endpoint. And I think healing is something that we all do, that we'll all continually do, for the rest of our lives. Suleika Jaouad Song of the day: Butterfly by Jon Batiste So LUCKY to spend Mother's Day at this show.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

You Are Free