The Butterfly Wrestler

Who is the Butterfly Wrestler? This is a picture of one of the first butterfly wresters I made last year. This one is pink and green. I made this one in honor of a kindred spirit who left this world too soon. It helped me process the grief of this person leaving us here. But, also is a celebration of her spirit. And, the spirit of someone may dull after time, but we never lose it entirely. I am looking forward to taking her with me this summer. Her first stop will be at the fairy trail this week. I hope there will be as many mushrooms on her journey, as there were last year. I brought the six butterfly wrestlers I made last year to the lavender and lamb festival last weekend. I got a really good response from someone. I will be putting a few back on Ebay. I won't be making any more. They take a lot of time. But, I will be putting together kits to sell. This week I hope to start listing on Ebay again. I haven't listed anything in about a month. Ebay is like a lemon-ade stand for me. I am glad I have something to do this summer. And, I am glad to get back to work with Meri Makers this weekend. Quote of the day: “Don’t waste your time chasing butterflies. Mend your garden, and the butterflies will come.”— Mario Quintana Song of the day: Defying Gravity Broadway 20th Anniversary

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brave

The Little One

You Are Free